Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Review: I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore




Product Information:


Title: I am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Release Date: January 24, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Page Number: 480



Official Summary:

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


This was a fantastic book! I ended up reading in in under three hours, (with occasional interruptions from my siblings). The book did not fully meet my expectations, but any book that holds my attention for a straight three hours is a winner for me. 

I don't think the characters in the book were as developed as I would have liked. Obviously, John and Henri were the most developed since their story made up a large chunk of the book. John was an amazing character. I absolutely loved him. I thought he was an amazing character. He doesn't feel like he belongs anywhere. It has been so long since he has been on his home planet that he doesn't feel a connection with Lorien and he hasn't been able to get comfortable on Earth with the constant running that he doesn't feel normal on Earth either.

However, I didn't feel like I could connect to the other major characters, such as his girlfriend and his "nerdy" new friend (Sarah and Sam). I only read this book one and a half weeks ago, but I completely forgot what their names were, I literally just had to look it up on Wikipedia.

All in all, I think this was a great book! There was a lot of action, I loved John and Henri, and BERNIE KOSAR! I almost forgot about him. He is this very cute dog that starts following John around and ends up coming to live with John and Henri. I loved how Bernie followed John to school, and seemed to understand everything that John said. There is also an amazing twist at the end that I was not expecting.

I give this book 4 stars. 

*This book does not have any mature material, so I think younger kids/tweens can read it too. *

HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. "Hi We are looking for tour hosts and book reviewers. If you are interested we would love for you to sign up with us.
    Tour Hosts Form
    http://t.co/HTgcF1s6mn
    Book Reviewers Form
    http://bit.ly/1tcUpFZ

    Sincerely,
    Natalie from Indie Woods Book Tours"

    ReplyDelete